playMaker

Author Topic: acces denied error upon upgrading playmaker  (Read 1775 times)

SteveJobs

• Playmaker Newbie
acces denied error upon upgrading playmaker
« on: July 14, 2020, 07:34:45 AM »
I have upgraded my project from unity 2018.2 to 2018.4 (this was necessary because of issues with old .net version and steamworks),

I encountered the issue mentioned in this topic: https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=19529.0

as suggested I tried
manually unpacking the prefab, and repacking it by dragging dropping the instance back to the prefab asset. Unpacking works fine and the error disappears, however I cannot reestablish a prefab connection by dragging back to the prefab (because then the error comes back).

So I decided to upgrade playmaker from my current 1.9.0.p4 to 1.9.0.p20,
Now I encounter another problem
I cannot upgrade playmaker because the installation fails with the following message:

Copying Temp/Export Package/b56ce4f7b5335c84e854fa3b38a1e644/bab910be097f3e24fbf4e77451ea6b24/asset to /Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/nl/PlayMakerEditorResources.resources.dll: Acces denied

Here's what I've tried so far:
- Restarting as administrator
- Turning off read only on all files and folders in /Temp and /Playmaker recursively
- turning off indexing on all files and folders in /Temp and /Playmaker
- The windows 256 characterlimit for folderstructures is not exeeded
- Copying and renaming entire project (and placing it in various folders)
- Turning off bitdefender and then turning off read only
- Turning off read only using cmd -r +s
- I have searched through all running processes with process explorer ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer ) and could not find a program other than unity that was accessing/locking either of these 2 files.

I was hoping perhaps someone had seen this issue before and knows a good solution

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: acces denied error upon upgrading playmaker
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 09:30:41 AM »
Hi.
If you Don't have a backup you can try this :

1st Make a backup off your project.

Then try to remove playmaker folder and reimport.

Then if you used globals, copy paste the PlaymakerGlobals from the backup

if you have a backup from the old version, you should 1st update playmaker, then update unity

SteveJobs

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 11:40:40 AM »
Hello djaydino, thanks for the quick reply,
When I update playmaker in the 2018.2 version I get the same acces denied error, however if I click cancel on the acces denied error, the installation continues and playmaker says it's version is 1.9.0.p20 so potentionally upgrading worked?

However if I then upgrade the project to 2018.4 the same error related to prefabs reoccurs

SteveJobs

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 12:21:01 PM »
I was wondering what exactly is the function of
PlayMaker/Editor/nl/PlayMakerEditorResources.resources.dll
Perhaps this can just be skipped (it has something to do with the dutch language?)

so far:

proj 2018.2 -->upgrade playmaker1.9.0.p20 --> Upgrade proj. 2018.4 --> remove playmaker folder --> Reinstall playmaker (this time without any hickups) -->Several Compiler errors (too much to fix)

Now I am back to the backup 2018.4 with 1.9.0.p4

SteveJobs

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 12:30:42 PM »
I think (fingers crossed) I may have solved the issue. (hopefully)
No more errors as of yet...
What I did:
backup --> 2018.2 1.9.0.p4 remove all language folers (nl,it,de, etc.) --> upgrade to 2018.4 --> upgrade to 1.9.0.p20 without language folders --> reimport language/localisation folders from backup