playMaker

Author Topic: Object faded ~ when camera behind object.[SOLVED]  (Read 1187 times)

san

• Junior Playmaker
Object faded ~ when camera behind object.[SOLVED]
« on: July 14, 2020, 01:00:42 AM »
Hi everyone,
So I have top/down Camera and i want Object to faded when camera is behind that object.

and Yes i use playmaker to faded the object with standard material "Fade mode" and it works ~! But Recently i just start learning HDRP and LWRP... So its kinda mess up material rendering Mode for Object fading and i dont see a lot of tutorial explaining how to use rendering pipleline with playmaker.

plz help, thanks

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:41:44 AM by djaydino »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Object faded ~ when camera behind object.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 02:40:01 AM »
Hi,

The new rendering pipeline are not really linked to playmaker per say, you shoudl still be able to control material/shaders properties from these new pipelines however, the API is the same, you need to check what are the properties, as they are now different, open the shader in a script editor or switch the inspector to debug mode to see the list of properties you can have for a given material/shader.

Bye,

Jean

san

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 03:24:32 AM »
I have try with setting up custom Alpha in LWRP Material/ Shader Graph. The alpha doesn't shows up in set property and drag into Playmaker State doesn't shows up either.

My previous setup with standard material is when camera enter - Set Material Color - give a color variable then use Color Interpolate with 2 color for alpha and time and when exit it go back to normal alpha.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 02:41:21 AM »
Hi,

do you see in the shader inspector all the properties? do you see your alpha property being listed?

Bye,

Jean

san

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 04:15:12 AM »
Hi jean, No i dont see it. Even i setup the custom alpha, it doesn't show up when i drag and drop into Playmaker state.

Also i try using unlit / lit/ simple lit - those aren't affecting in set material color/alpha.

The only option i got is - material / render setting / statemachine / substance when i drag into Playmaker state.

i use Material - color and try to setup Material alpha to 20% and when i Play it, the material color doesn't change. its not updating.

Also i am reading this fourms : https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=19694.0

He's using HDRP. But i dont see this _BaseColor properties option in LWRP.
Plz help, sorry
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 08:40:47 PM by san »

san

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 04:42:45 PM »
it working ~!!! YES its _BaseColor ~! SOLVED!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 01:14:50 AM »
Hi,

Great :)

Bye,

Jean