playMaker

Author Topic: Previous version of Playmaker?[SOLVED]  (Read 1231 times)

emalafeew

• Playmaker Newbie
Previous version of Playmaker?[SOLVED]
« on: July 13, 2020, 06:58:16 PM »
Hi, we have just upgraded from Unity 2017.2.17 to Unity 2019.4.1 and therefore needed to upgrade from Playmaker 1.8.5 to get the GUIText/GUITexture fix.

However it seems to have introduced a difference in gameplay in our build which is not appearing in Unity editor.

I was hoping to try the version of Playmaker nearest after 1.8.5 that has that fix, to see if that fixes the build gameplay.  According to forums that was released around August 2019.  Is it possible to get that build please?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:12:14 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Previous version of Playmaker?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 02:45:55 AM »
Hi,

you did not do any back up? make sure you always make backups, even for small increment update, and here you moved from 2017 to 2019, that's a huge jump and I don't recommend to do that in one go, here's how I upgrade projects from so many versions apart:

- backup and try on a copy
- download and import the latest version of playmaker first, verify project works
- upgrade to the closest LTS unity version, so from 2017 you go to 2017 TLS, verify it works
- import playmaker again, things get shuffled based on the unity version, so it's best to always make sure you have imported playmaker within that version
- upgrade to 2018 LTS, verify it works
- import playmaker again, verify it works
- upgrade to latest 201, verify it works
import playmaker again, verify it works.

it's tedious, but I could bring back very old projects this way. you may get messed up packages from the package manager, and that's a bummer, if that happens, you will need to mess up with removing and adding back the packages you need.

and of course, the goes with any other assets from the asset store, especially ones with scripts. so upgrade incrementally

can you pm me with your playmaker invoice, I'll then get in touch with Alex to see if we can get you that version.

Bye,

Jean

emalafeew

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 08:25:49 AM »
Thank you and I mistyped, we went from Unity 2019.2.17 to Unity 2019.4.1, so not as big a jump!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 02:40:09 AM »
Hi,

yes, not that big of a jump, though you had to switch serialization version from 1 to 2 right? Can't remember when Unity introduced it's new serialization routines.

Bye,

Jean

emalafeew

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 08:27:37 AM »
That's correct, Unity asset caching went from version 1 to 2 in that jump. 

We keep all source changes in Perforce so can rollback and recache the Library if necessary. 

emalafeew

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 01:52:05 PM »
We determined that the Android-specific runtime issue after upgrading from 1.8.5 to 1.9 (and from Unity 2019.2.17 to Unity 2019.4.1 at same time) was due to not completely clearing our Library cache.  Once we did that the problem was gone in next Android build. 

I'm sure that's good practice but we've never had to do it while upgrading this same project all the way from Unity 4 days!