playMaker

Author Topic: Followed other guides but my 2d sprite wont move[SOLVED]  (Read 1027 times)

Overtyped

• Playmaker Newbie
Followed other guides but my 2d sprite wont move[SOLVED]
« on: August 15, 2020, 05:56:13 AM »
Hi there, I've been following other guides and searched the forums here and copied EXACTLY what has been posted that allows people basic movement of their 2d sprite with Playmaker, but for some reason mine still isnt moving? Im still very new to Unity and Playmaker and i'm just messing around with it all for fun. Obviously ive done something wrong somewhere that im not aware of, but would love some assistance. Thanks!

Also, the platform he's on has a box-collider slightly below the top few sprites of the platform.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 10:06:07 AM by djaydino »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Followed other guides but my 2d sprite wont move
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 06:04:36 AM »
Hi.
On the bottom left on your image you can see a Debug checkbox, turn that on to see the values of the variables (useful for debugging during playmode)

Check if the axis values are changing when pressing left/right (in playmode)

also check your rigid body settings. (body type/simulated/drag/Constraints)

Also make sure you are not doing a Set velocity somewhere else (jump fsm for example)

Overtyped

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 06:11:38 AM »
Hi.
On the bottom left on your image you can see a Debug checkbox, turn that on to see the values of the variables (useful for debugging during playmode)

Check if the axis values are changing when pressing left/right (in playmode)

also check your rigid body settings. (body type/simulated/drag/Constraints)

Also make sure you are not doing a Set velocity somewhere else (jump fsm for example)

Hey there,

During playmode and whilst pressing/holding the D button to move, the variables dont change and stay a static 0. (Get Axis and Set Velocity 2d values, that is.)

RigidBody 2D settings are normal, nothings changed. Simply added it and left as is.

No other actions are anywhere else, I've yet to setup anything asides from the colliders on the platform/sprite and the 3 actions on the sprite (as seen in photo).

Thanks for the swift reply!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 06:46:15 AM »
Hi.
Ah I think horizontal should be Horizontal (capital H)

Overtyped

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 06:53:29 AM »
Hi.
Ah I think horizontal should be Horizontal (capital H)

My god. How did I not spot that aswell. Thankyou! much appreciated!