playMaker

Author Topic: Total newb  (Read 1111 times)

player007

• Playmaker Newbie
Total newb
« on: August 18, 2020, 11:47:19 PM »
So just installed unity personal to first learn it before goin pro.. and then bought playmaker.. when i select to open it in unity from the store i dont see any of the screens as shown in some tutorials.

I have a kick ass pc so its just me not doing something right. My question is there a tutorial showing how to open or load it in unity properly from the appstore or within unity?
Thank you

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Total newb
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 03:05:57 AM »
Hi.
If you have a fresh project there should not be issues.

If you installed playmaker while there where some errors in the console the installation is not completed.

1st look if you have some red errors in your console windows, if so try to resolve those 1st.

Then look if you can see Playmaker in the top tool bar.

If not, then in the project window go to Assets/Playmaker/Editor/Install and double click Playmaker 1.9.0
This will continue the playmaker installation.

If you dont have a playmaker foler, then you need to reimport from the store.

Once installed correctly you should have Playmaker in the top toolbar.
Select Playmaker Editor to open the playmaker window.

Again, make sure there are no Red errors in the console else Playmaker (and other utility assets) will not be loaded.

player007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 10:24:42 AM »
First thank you;

Second i figured the issue.. once i uploaded the asset from the app store i needed to download and request an install as mentioned. Otherwise would not appear on the menu. Awesomeness and thanks.. time for me to zip it and learn learn lol

player007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 01:58:15 PM »
K another question... Are there any assets allowable for me to buy from the unity store whch would be usable with playmaker? Silly question before i get my feet wet as want to know if there is anything more to get that would aid me in my learning process (using playmaker)

Thanks

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 02:05:06 PM »
Hi.
you can use the search and add playmaker to your search
Then look in the description, if they support playmaker it should be stated there somewhere.

mooblegum

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 03:50:35 PM »
Hi player007

I really recommand to follow some tutorials about playmaker on youtube, there are plenty, and some will guide you from the first step and introduce the most important concept of playmaker and Unity.
Playmaker is really simple once you understand how it work but there is a learning curve. Following tutorials was a really nice way to understand how to create some basic logics and games.

player007

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 01:53:29 PM »
Hi Mooblegum,

It is what i am doing my friend and have been learning slowly though been running to issues with uploading assets or things missing.

Started learning from him http://jonathan-oduffy.thinkific.com/courses/playmaker-101-the-complete-course
At chapter 5 and he awesome as i like to do a lesson a few times + add my twist and sometimes i even do it differently then him. Issue i run into is that its a bit outdated so some options he has i dont have on mine and can be frustrating as trying to learn...

Also i am somewhat over eager and grab all sort of assets and add them to my library to the point i think at times they cause conflict.. now i stick with assets that been updated this year or else i pass.. Only exception to it is the "unity assets 2018"

Cheers and ty as hope the community will be patient with me and my random issues while exploring unity/playmaker

curb47

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 03:14:06 PM »
Welcome!