playMaker

Author Topic: Airplane mode fail - does standard Playmaker do anything network related?  (Read 577 times)

createasaurus

I'm developing for a very old platform (10 years old).  It has many limitations (such as only 10 MB usable memory - after Unity's footprint) and is difficult to get anything to run on it, period.

However, I'm trying to make very optimized games for it using Playmaker - and succeeding, sometimes.

My latest series of crashes has to do with turning on airplane mode.  After about 15-30 minutes of play with airplane mode on... the game crashes.  I'm trying to figure out why.

Is there anything behind the scenes going on, network related, with Playmaker?  I am not using any network related actions, to my knowledge.  I actually have a very simple game using pretty basic Playmaker actions.

Can you advise, even just a theory, why I might be experiencing these problems?  And what I can explore to remedy?

Just to throw out more information... String Typewriter (one of my favorite actions!) also was causing eventual crashing, and I needed to stop using it.  It was as if String Typewriter was overtaxing the system, and after a random amount of usage (10 minutes?) the system would abruptly stop.

Thank you for any thoughts!!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
When you make a build all actions are included, but i don't think they should be doing anything if they are not used.

are you able to get a log, as there you can see what crashes it