playMaker

Author Topic: Camera gets inverted on mouse hold  (Read 802 times)

EpicMcDude

• Playmaker Newbie
Camera gets inverted on mouse hold
« on: August 28, 2020, 03:29:36 AM »
Hey all!

I've made a simple FSM to have the player zoom in when holding the right mouse button, with a simple animation where I just increase the FOV.

However, during this state the mouse look gets inverted in the XY directions, and I don't really understand why. I've tried using the Mouse Look Invert during the zoom in state (State 2) but nothing works.
I have a small tutorial screen which freezes time after a camera fade-in right before we take control of the player character, and during this time freeze the mouse look invert action actually works if I turn it on.

So I'm guessing there might be a conflict with other FSMs? The only thing that comes to mind is that I use "Set Cursor Lock State" to confine the cursor within the game window and "Set Mouse Cursor" to make it visible when in menus and vice-versa, on another FSM.

I'm really curious as to why this inverts itself during State 2 when I just have a simple animator play an FOV change.

Any help would be appreciated, I would think this would be a simple mechanic but it's giving me a headache for days now.

Thank you in advance!

EpicMcDude

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Camera gets inverted on mouse hold
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 06:45:31 AM »
If anybody has another idea to have a "focus" button where the camera zooms in, please feel free to share as I'm unable to get this to work...