playMaker

Author Topic: 'Explosion' action not working for me.[SOLVED]  (Read 912 times)

curb47

'Explosion' action not working for me.[SOLVED]
« on: October 07, 2020, 02:29:52 AM »
Hello again,

Title says it all really, I can't get the Explosion action to work.

I've set up a test scene with nothing in it apart from my 'ShinyStuff10' prefab, which contains 10 individual 'ShinyStuff' prefabs; the pink dot is just showing the vertex of ShinyStuff10, which should be the center of the Force for Explosion:

All the ShinyStuff prefabs have the Rigid Body component, and the Layer set to Gameplay:

ShinyStuff10 is spawned at a key-press, and instantly detaches it's children (10 x ShinyStuff) and then should scatter them using Explosion:

Here's the FSM for ShinyStuff10:

When I play the scene, and press the key to spawn ShinyStuff10, the individual ShinyStuffs are detached... but they just sit there, no explosion force.

So what's up with this?

I've tried different combinations of Layer settings on the Explosion action, but there's no change.

I found this tutorial which uses the Explosion action at around 17minutes 30 secs, and I've studied it closely to copy the workflow:

And as far as I can tell the set-up I have absolutely should work. But it doesn't.

Help? Please?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 09:17:37 AM by curb47 »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: 'Explosion' action not working for me.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 07:50:58 AM »
Hi.
Do the stars have a collider?

curb47

Re: 'Explosion' action not working for me.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 09:17:21 AM »
Hi djaydino,

Well, yeah, they do... I've just investigated it and the collider was on another child of the ShinyStuff prefab. I put a collider on the Parent, which has the rigid body component... and it works!

Boom!

As every... thank you!