playMaker

Author Topic: Shifting Gravity  (Read 903 times)

misterjuly

Shifting Gravity
« on: October 18, 2020, 05:56:06 PM »
Hello,

I just wanted to know if there is a way to change the direction of gravity along with your player (similar to the 2d sections of Super Mario Galaxy). I would also want the screen to rotate with it so that the player is always in the normal position, but everything around the player changes. It is essentially walking on walls, but your character is always in the normal orientation. I know this is a weird thing, but just wanted to know if it was possible. Thanks!

John Bassi

ch1ky3n

Re: Shifting Gravity
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 11:19:19 PM »
it is possible of course, but it's not going to be easy. In matter of fact, it is not gonna be easy with or without the playmaker. You could search google and get the general idea from those people who manage to did this and learn how they set up the world.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 07:12:57 AM »
Hi.
you can use "Set Gravity" to manipulate the main gravity.

But you probably want to use some tweens to gradually change the values.
and for camera as well.

You can use tween assets or the playmaker tween beta :
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1714

misterjuly

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 04:27:25 PM »
is it possible to show my the fsm for this? Sorry, I'm just a little confused.

misterjuly

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »
I was able to get the gravity to change, but I would like it to be only when you are adjacent to a wall, only mapped to one button (mine is mapped to four, one for each direction), and then eventually change the camera. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 03:15:25 AM »
Hi.
You can set triggers on wall(in front of the wall) and when inside trigger (enter/stay) set gravity (left/right) and when outside set to normal.

You can also place trigger to floor. then you don't have to use trigger exit and might be better if you need to rotate the player.