PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Share New Actions

HOTween playmaker custom actions

(1/15) > >>

jeanfabre:
Hi everyone,

Ok, I reached a point where the custom actions I made for Hotween are worth checking now :)

so download this package attached to this thread, and give it at go, you'll find two major part:

-- Fsm variable tweening. You can tween any Fsm variables with a series of HOTween actions ( EVEN STRINGS!!). you'll find a working example in the test scene under "fsm value tweening test"

-- the custom action hotweenPlayById. this is one relies on the HOTween visual editor ( that you can download on the following site: http://www.holoville.com/hotween/ )

It works by referencing a hotween you created using the visual editor, this then allows you to build the tween you want without effort, and you simply reference it by it's id.

WARNING, you need to download the hotween pacakge from the website, for some reason the asset store version is not up to date:

http://www.holoville.com/hotween/

Any questions, feel free to ask. It's still very early, so don't hesitate to comment on what you would like it to work, etc etc.

bye,

Jean

Nezabyte:
Thanks for this! We decided to check out HOTween and are always happy to see available actions to use for Playmaker. Will try them out.

Sjones:
thanks, this looks like a really useful add on!

nick_h82:
Hi Jean,

Thanks for these actions, I've already implemented a float ease to good effect.

I've been attempting to have a craft that travels through different triggers, which in turn update a global variable describing 'wind' strength (float) and direction (vector3). When the craft opens a sail, it then turns into the active wind direction, stored as a vector 3, and has a force applied in the local z direction. The force application is working fine, but I'm having trouble with the attached vector 3 ease.

Note that the actions shown are part of a transition state, which then transfers to a state that is simply setting rotation and force every frame.

The global variable named WindRotationActive is ever-changing, so I'm intended to ease into it from a snapshot of the vector the craft is at on entering the state. However in practice the craft stays facing the initial vector, before snapping around to the WindRotationActive in the next state. Just wondering if I'm making any glaring errors in setup. Note that the next action is simply setting rotation to LocalCraftRotation.

I also tried to store the result as a separate vector, and set that in the following action. However in this case the craft would behave as above for some vectors, or turn to the WindRotationActive immediately on entering the transition state for others.

Edit: I realise 'relative' should be false and Loop Count -1 . I was experimenting at this point!

jeanfabre:
Hi,

I would try to store the result in a different variable ( or store the starting point in a different variable), it may be the problem,

Bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version