playMaker

Author Topic: DoozyUI v3 & Playmaker  (Read 2245 times)

curb47

DoozyUI v3 & Playmaker
« on: November 18, 2020, 01:08:22 AM »
Hello there,

Does anyone here use DoozyUI v3, and actually had success with it? I'm trying to get some relatively simple things done, but the functionality just doesn't seem to be there, so the obviously conclusion is that I don't know what I'm doing!

Thanks!

ch1ky3n

Re: DoozyUI v3 & Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 01:20:13 PM »
I'm using it quite often, what kind of action do you want to call?

ManInAShedGames

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 12:21:06 PM »
I'm using it. I have an issue at the moment installing it. It says 'Warning This Unity Package has Package Manager dependencies - skip or install/upgrade '

I got around this by deleting a certain file. Besides that, i got a main menu with settings etc set up quickly. First with nody, then with playmaker.
Seems to work okay, fast. Happy so far.

curb47

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 03:01:53 AM »
Thanks,

I've decided to ditch DoozyUI, I find it really restricted and not transparent. The thing that really did my head in was only being able to set one enter/exit animation for the views, and not have different directions (up,down,left, right) depending if different buttons were pressed.

I'm going to persevere with the standard Unity UI, DoTween, and Playmaker and see where that gets me. I figured that when I encounter problems, at least the solutions will be applicable to Unity/Playmaker, rather than the additional framework of DoozyUI.

ManInAShedGames

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 11:12:01 AM »
Thanks,

I've decided to ditch DoozyUI, I find it really restricted and not transparent. The thing that really did my head in was only being able to set one enter/exit animation for the views, and not have different directions (up,down,left, right) depending if different buttons were pressed.

I'm going to persevere with the standard Unity UI, DoTween, and Playmaker and see where that gets me. I figured that when I encounter problems, at least the solutions will be applicable to Unity/Playmaker, rather than the additional framework of DoozyUI.

Cool. I have a screenshot there of my set up with doozy. As it goes into each state it's just hiding and showing relevant Ui. I'm sure that will be easy enough to replicate without doozy. Thanks

curb47

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 02:17:59 AM »
Thanks 3dambit,

Yes, after 2 weeks of bashing my head against a wall with DoozyUI, I've managed to achieve exactly what I want with Playmaker & DoTween in just a couple of days.

All good.

ManInAShedGames

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 08:59:45 AM »
I'm starting to question why i am using Doozy at all.
How are you handling animations for your UI?

I really started with Doozy because i can't risk any slowdowns at the moment, I need to get the project complete.
As i built the playmaker fsm to make doozy work, i thought, couldn't I just deactivate and activate canvas elements instead of hide and unhide Doozys Ui.

curb47

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 02:40:57 AM »
Hi 3dambit,

Sorry for slow reply, I've been bogged down with work.

I'm using DoTween to animate the different elements of the UI. From what I understand, that's exactly how Doozy does it as well but, as you know, wraps it all up in the most convoluted mess that's just painful to work with.

I've only got as far as the various menus and pages sliding in and out, and buttons to navigate to those elements. It's all working just fine.

Due to work commitments I've not touched my game for a few weeks, but I'm back on it now.