playMaker

Author Topic: Making a simple loading screen (no progress bar)[SOLVED]  (Read 1109 times)

arminiuspp

• Playmaker Newbie
Making a simple loading screen (no progress bar)[SOLVED]
« on: November 27, 2020, 09:25:16 AM »
Currently I want to make a loading screen for my game, And I recently I found Load scene Asynch but I didn't find anything that is related to my case on the internet. I want to place my loading screen on screen when I press a button on the game ( I don't mean the loading screen with a progress bar, I just have a simple tweened text on the loading screen) but whenever I press the button The loading screen freeze also with the loading of the next scene.

What I am looking for is to activate the loading screen while the scene is loading in the background. if that makes sense.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 05:31:38 AM by djaydino »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Making a simple loading screen (no progress bar)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 01:32:28 AM »
Hi.
You should activate the loading screen 'before' the load scene action.

Also its not clear what action is used there (i think a Activate Game Object?)
If you name your actions its best to name them like this "Action Name - your info"
this way you can still easily see what action it is :)

In a state the top action will start 1st then it will start the next one and so on.

If you have actions with an event like the Load scene you have, you should use something else than the default 'FINISHED' event.

arminiuspp

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Save data lost on application quit
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 02:54:57 AM »
THANKS, also I might be off topic here but I am using easy save but I have a problem where the scene got save after playing the last scene then after i go back to the main menu and then exit/quit the application and reopen it, the save data is gone. Here is the video,

arminiuspp

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 02:58:49 AM »
I contacted the developer but no solution to the problem yet.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 07:05:25 AM »
Hi.
There is probably something wrong in your logic.

Have you set a 'Save' when going to main menu (and also when exiting from within the game scene)

On start are you loading your saved variables?

If you don't exit the game and continue play does it work then?

arminiuspp

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 07:55:02 AM »
I got a save just on a gameobject that saves a global bool (like when I press the start game the save activates immediately) but for when I go back to the main menu or exit the game I got no save action.

On start of the main menu? If so yes I do I use load to determine whether there is a save data or not for the continue button to show up or not.

Yes, But if I exit just like in the video the load action is unable to read or see if there is any data that is why the continue button is not showing up, I'll follow up the actions and send it here.

thanks

arminiuspp

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 08:32:40 PM »
Thanks! it is solved now!