playMaker

Author Topic: Auto-refresh unlocking  (Read 1337 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Auto-refresh unlocking
« on: February 07, 2021, 12:40:04 PM »
Leaving aside the few bugs that happens with the Lock function on FSMs, it would be nice if it could work like Unity's locking system so that when one unlocks whatever FSM was locked, it automatically checks if another GO is selected than then refreshes the Graph View to update it with the proper FSM.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Auto-refresh unlocking
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 06:37:40 PM »
I agree this would be nice. I'll try to get it into the next update.

What are the bugs you're still seeing with Lock?

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 04:41:48 AM »
A very few minor annoyances but I'd have to note them on a paper when they happen. They're rare occurrences and don't break anything.
Some things, I call them bugs but it might be an odd design choice. Take the breakpoint thingy for example. It ignores the lock.
I wonder if there should be a soft lock and hard lock.
Soft lock leaves you in the locked FSM unless an error or break happens elsewhere. A hard lock would not care and stay stuck on the chosen FSM.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 12:11:21 PM »
Hmmm, yeah Breakpoints are tricky because you normally want to jump to them. I could add that as a preference. One thing to remember is you can press back in the selection history to quickly get back to the previously selected FSM. (I should probably add shortcut keys for select previous/next).