playMaker

Author Topic: Show interstitial ads  (Read 969 times)

Viktor616

• Playmaker Newbie
Show interstitial ads
« on: January 10, 2021, 07:39:20 PM »
Hi, I need some help with showing interstitial ads. I just bought Gley's Mobile Ads Asset and tried to figure it out how to make it works.
First thing I want is to set a timer after X rounds to play an ad, my question is this can be done with playmaker actions? Or I need to code how and when interstitial ads load.
Can someone who already integrate ads guide me a little. My game is finished and I want to try to monetize it, because I don't have any rewads to give, my only method is to monetize thru interstitial, I don't want to put banners.

heavygunner

Re: Show interstitial ads
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 09:06:11 PM »
They have video tutorial for playmaker actions. now, let's say you wanna show ad every 3 levels.

create an int variable and add 1 every time level finished (or level fail or level started) and save it to playerprefs. then load that from playerprefs and do int compare. when it is equals to 3, show the ad and reset that int value to 0 again and save to playerprefs

Viktor616

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 12:48:10 AM »
Thank you for the answer, yes they have videos, but only for the PM actions so nothing helpful.

I'll take a look at playerprefs today, because I've used it only to compare the highscore. I understand what you say, now I must figure out how to put it in actions, later after some sleep.

Viktor616

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 11:01:55 AM »
I think I'm missing something, I've used playerprefs for highscore, so I'm not an expert. I've tried with different values but the State1 never goes green, it stops on Waiting state. From what I've read about ads I need a new screen for them, but this could be the problem? I just tried to make a simple and fast test with what you said, but I feel I made something wrong.

heavygunner

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 11:04:41 AM »
In int compare variable , you should set ad-counter. not, showads  :)

Viktor616

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 05:18:57 PM »
I've tried with ad-counter first, but the problem is I can't pass the waiting event. If I put a send event action will pass but at compare action value will be everytime 0. I think i'm gonna try the coding way.
Or if someone figured out how to set ads with playmaker, I can pay for a tutorial ;D