playMaker

Author Topic: Variable replaced with other variable  (Read 3961 times)

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Re: Variable replaced with other variable
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2021, 09:16:23 AM »
Christoph sent me a very useful project. I'm hoping to have a new 1.9.1p4 build with a fix up shortly...

Hi Alex!

Saw that there was a line regarding something like this in the patch notes. Just wanted to know if the fix in the patch was aimed at this? Do you guys think you fixed the bug now? Would be nice to know so I can keep my eyes open if I encounter the bug again and report report it!

(Awsome work!)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2021, 04:31:56 PM »
Yes, I'm hoping the bug is fixed in the latest patch. However, the bug was difficult to reproduce as an automated test so this is based on manual testing. So yes, please report it if you see it again! Thanks!

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2021, 02:58:38 AM »
Yes, I'm hoping the bug is fixed in the latest patch. However, the bug was difficult to reproduce as an automated test so this is based on manual testing. So yes, please report it if you see it again! Thanks!

Great, will keep my eyes peeled!

Christoph

• Beta Group
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 06:19:17 PM »
Bad news!

I have been working the entire day on a prefab (this time without global variables) and the bug is back.

It started with one action, then suddenly more of those were affected and now the prefab is completely corrupted. No matter what I do, I can't make it work again. Not even by replacing the states, because I replace one and the error appears in an another.

I think this time it happened after I added another variable in the variable tab that then sorted the entire list alphabetically and this fucked it up. Can't say for sure. But damn, the bug is still here.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2021, 09:44:41 PM »
Are you using the latest 1.9.1p5? p5 fixes another edge case where this can happen.

EDIT: Either way, can you send me the prefab?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 11:13:33 PM by Alex Chouls »

Christoph

• Beta Group
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2021, 01:38:41 PM »
I am using p4. Will try p5 now thanks.

I was able in the end to make the prefab work again. I had to replace the actions with new ones, and in one case I had to replace the entire state with a new one (and new actions in it).

It was like a chain reaction. I fixed one action, then the next one gave error etc. But at one point I had all wrong variables fixed and it was working again.