playMaker

Author Topic: Updating Unity & Playmaker  (Read 981 times)

curb47

Updating Unity & Playmaker
« on: January 27, 2021, 01:30:11 PM »
Hiya,

I thought I'd update Playmaker to the most recent version, and figured I may as well update Unity as well. I'm currently running Unity 2019.4.10, and I'm adding 2019.4.18 to the HUB.

What would be the best way to take my project through the Unity/Playmaker upgrade process?

I'm doing a chrono-sync backup of the project right now, and once that's done, is it simply a case of opening up the project in the newer version of Unity and then updating Playmaker from the assets store?

So, Unity 2019.4.18 with Playmaker 1.9.1.p1 - all good?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 01:20:48 AM by curb47 »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Updating Unity & Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 02:26:10 PM »
hi.
Its always best to 1st update assets, then unity and then assets again if needed

curb47

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 02:38:01 PM »
Updating Unity, is that just a case of opening the project in the newer version?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 05:03:21 PM »
Hi.
yes.
but in your case its not a major unity update so even not updating before them would be fine.

curb47

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 06:00:19 PM »
Okay, that's good to know, thank you.

J.

curb47

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 01:23:13 AM »
Well, I'm glad I made a back-up.

I've updated Playmaker, not Unity, and I'm getting these conflicts that mostly come from the Shuriken particle system actions.

I've had a look but can't resolve the issues. What can I do to clear the compilation errors?

Thanks.

nuFF3

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
  • Are we even real?
    • One Month Studio
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 04:26:58 AM »
Those are errors due to duplicate actions. This can happen when playmaker includes actions that were on the ecosystem.
Pretty safe to assume you can delete the duplicates within the "custom actions" folder.
Just look at the first line of the error message, it will tell you what action has a duplicate. Then go into the "custom actions" folder and locate that action, and delete it.
This is why you should probably run the "pre-check" on the Welcome Screen when you import a new playmaker version.
Heck, it even tells you that you should to run a pre-check before installing it, you probably just ignored it.

curb47

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 05:25:28 AM »
Thanks! Yup, I pretty much ignored it. My bad. Lesson learned.