playMaker

Author Topic: Definitely saving changes when editing at runtime  (Read 2026 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Definitely saving changes when editing at runtime
« on: February 03, 2021, 03:31:08 AM »
In a way similar to the Audio Mixer editmode but without nullifying the extent code (editmode bypasses all the mixers' influences once allowed), it would be nice if anything Playmaker centric such values, states, events, links, etc. could be force-saved even at runtime instead of being totally reset.
Now, as always, I must ask if such a function already exists and if for some reason I managed to entirely miss it. It would be a biiiiig plus if it did exist.

Now, as far as the UI goes, perhaps a button to "save changes in FSM" somewhere in the Graph view (and also in the FSM components in the Inspector) would be a good start?

These changes being stacked in the CTRL/Command-Z "Editing History" would be good too.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Definitely saving changes when editing at runtime
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 08:58:12 AM »
Hi,
You can try copy the fsm component on playmode and then paste when stopped.

This is kinda limited by unity as things are stored on the component

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:42:42 AM »
Yes, there's some partial solution in paste as values but that's, well, limited.

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 08:13:15 AM »
I'm coming back to this because there's another bugging issue with FSM states that I need to address and it relates to saving a FSM the way it is at any time.

This time it's about prefabs, instances and connections.

You'll notice that once you have destroyed the connection, there's no convenient button in the FSM's tab window in the Graph View to revert to what it was before the break. Maybe this would require taking a snapshot of the FSM when breaking the connection?
This situation is so bad that for example, if I save the FSM component as a setting into my Assets (that's the second button stuck between the ? and the three vertical dots), then disconnect the FSM from inside the GV, and then try to reload the setting on this FSM component by picking it up from the list of saved settings, it will not even restore the original unbroken state of the FSM.
Same goes if I copy the FSM before the edit, edit it, then do a "paste values" onto the component, yet it will remain disconnected.

This type of override isn't even recognized by Unity when checking for the drop down Overrides list. It also keeps the similar button in the Action tab grayed out.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 04:19:49 PM »
Hi.
Could you make a video showing the issue?

Also, which playmaker/Unity version are you using?

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 07:41:52 AM »
Perhaps a GIF recorder but it will have to wait for now. See you soon!

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 12:10:21 PM »
I'm coming back to this because there's another bugging issue with FSM states that I need to address and it relates to saving a FSM the way it is at any time.

This time it's about prefabs, instances and connections.

You'll notice that once you have destroyed the connection, there's no convenient button in the FSM's tab window in the Graph View to revert to what it was before the break. Maybe this would require taking a snapshot of the FSM when breaking the connection?
This situation is so bad that for example, if I save the FSM component as a setting into my Assets (that's the second button stuck between the ? and the three vertical dots), then disconnect the FSM from inside the GV, and then try to reload the setting on this FSM component by picking it up from the list of saved settings, it will not even restore the original unbroken state of the FSM.
Same goes if I copy the FSM before the edit, edit it, then do a "paste values" onto the component, yet it will remain disconnected.

This type of override isn't even recognized by Unity when checking for the drop down Overrides list. It also keeps the similar button in the Action tab grayed out.

Had the same issue, very annoying.
Available for Playmaker work