playMaker

Author Topic: Typewriter  (Read 593 times)

Medan55

• Playmaker Newbie
Typewriter
« on: August 01, 2023, 04:12:34 PM »
Hi, I am slowly getting desperate. I am currently using a typewriter action that can be obtained through the ecosystem. You can set whether you want to take breaks and whether these breaks are multiplied with a value. It reacts to pauses like <p=1.8>, which inserts a pause that lasts 1.8 seconds. The problem is that it doesn't accept pauses that are less than 1 second, and I don't know how to change that because I am a total programming amateur. Such a typewriter action is a highly complicated thing for me. I have also tried incorporating Chat GPT to help, but unfortunately, it regularly throws errors. I am not even sure if the problem lies with the typewriter action itself or if there is a translation error. What the typewriter outputs is inserted into a text field by the 'Set Textmesh Pro UGUI Text' action. It is set to 'every frame' so that the result can be transferred. Maybe it is simply not possible to have pauses of less than 1 second. Is there anyone who can help me?

Kihap

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Typewriter
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 05:08:05 PM »
Hi, I am slowly getting desperate. I am currently using a typewriter action that can be obtained through the ecosystem. You can set whether you want to take breaks and whether these breaks are multiplied with a value. It reacts to pauses like <p=1.8>, which inserts a pause that lasts 1.8 seconds. The problem is that it doesn't accept pauses that are less than 1 second, and I don't know how to change that because I am a total programming amateur. Such a typewriter action is a highly complicated thing for me. I have also tried incorporating Chat GPT to help, but unfortunately, it regularly throws errors. I am not even sure if the problem lies with the typewriter action itself or if there is a translation error. What the typewriter outputs is inserted into a text field by the 'Set Textmesh Pro UGUI Text' action. It is set to 'every frame' so that the result can be transferred. Maybe it is simply not possible to have pauses of less than 1 second. Is there anyone who can help me?

Did you manage to solve the problem?