playMaker

Author Topic: How to update Playmaker new Version ?  (Read 1576 times)

san

• Junior Playmaker
How to update Playmaker new Version ?
« on: February 09, 2021, 12:00:01 AM »
Hi all, this is really seem dump question but i need to help with this lol.

So i am currently using 1.9.0.p20 and seem some of bool test aren't working as before and giving some issue with (true/false) are not going to next event properly. Also I cannot clear out Global Variables object by clicking None in the object bar. I mention this issue in previous topic and no one respond.

Anyway so i found out there is new update version of playmaker 1.9.1.p3, but i don't know how to update it. Should I reimport latest playmaker from Package Management?

ch1ky3n

Re: How to update Playmaker new Version ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 12:10:27 AM »
it's better to start fresh install and delete the old asset file as well, sometimes unity update is messed up

1. go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Unity\Asset store
and locate your PM folder it is under hutong games and delete it

2. then redownload Playmaker from asset store (it is brand new 1.9.1  and tons of improvements too)

3. delete Playmaker on your project and when you're done, import it from the package manager

4. it should solve your problem

Good Luck

san

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 12:16:48 AM »
Hi, Thanks for quick respond ~!

- I am on mac so i dont have C drive.
- If i delete the Playmaker Apps from Mac drive, Other plugin that i installed will be gone as well? such as Linker Wizard / control plugins etc...

san

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 01:07:25 AM »
Can anyone make me a dummy tutorial for this please?

If you already have some plugin are install from Ecosystem that would be great to see what happened if you delete the previous version of playmaker and re-install new one from asset manager.

ch1ky3n

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 02:59:14 AM »
Hey, i don’t have a mac, so i cant point you the location of asset store folder. You should try to search it yourself

Basically everytime you download a package from asset store, it is store the file on it.

If you do fresh install, you will lose all the actions that you downloaded from ecosystem. You could backup the playmaker action folder before deleting the old version. But some actions are included in the new playmaker. So you might get duplicate warning

Good luck

san

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 03:02:45 AM »
I have install the new version of playmaker! UI are really nice and clean ~!
It's working perfectly with no issue on mac ~!