playMaker

Author Topic: Edit script option is very slow (v1.9.1.f7) [SOLVED]  (Read 1958 times)

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Edit script option is very slow (v1.9.1.f7) [SOLVED]
« on: January 21, 2021, 03:04:02 PM »
Unity 2018.4.30
Playmaker v1.9.1.f7

When I use edit script option in playmaker it takes 45 seconds to open that script in my IDE (Script Inspector 3).

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:48:31 PM by Alex Chouls »

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Re: Edit script option is very slow (v1.9.1.f7)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 08:03:13 AM »
Are there any plans to address this issue?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 09:45:30 PM »
I'm not able to repro this here.

Do you see it in a new PlayMaker project, or is it specific to a project? If specific to a project, can you share the project?

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 12:53:12 PM »
I'm not able to repro this here.

Do you see it in a new PlayMaker project, or is it specific to a project? If specific to a project, can you share the project?
It work's fine in empty project. Unfortinaly I can't share my project, I'll see if I'm able to make stripped down version of this project.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 02:36:39 PM »
It should only be dependent on the actions in the project. I assume the full project is using custom actions? You might be able to repro in an empty project with only the actions from the full project. My guess is there's something in one/some of those actions that the code doesn't like, and maybe it's getting caught in an error loop... 

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 11:59:25 AM »
It should only be dependent on the actions in the project. I assume the full project is using custom actions? You might be able to repro in an empty project with only the actions from the full project. My guess is there's something in one/some of those actions that the code doesn't like, and maybe it's getting caught in an error loop...
Good idea. I'll try it out when I have the time.

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 10:41:56 AM »
I've managed find core of the issue and fix it. Most of my playmaker stuff lives inside Plugins folder. But Ecosystem places actions outside of plugins folder. Since some of those custom actions became default actions in new version of Playmaker I had duplicates and I didn't have any errors because one version of action lived insider Plugins while other didn't. So I've transferred all my custom actions inside Plugins folder, got bunch of errors regarding duplicate action scripts, removed duplicate action scripts. Restarted Unity. Now, find and edit scripts works fine.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 12:48:08 PM »
Interesting. Strange that you wouldn't get duplicate script errors in that scenario. I'll test it here to see what's going on...