playMaker

Author Topic: Play Maker Analytics Remote Settings Package Action Issue  (Read 873 times)

mrphilipjoel

• Playmaker Newbie
Play Maker Analytics Remote Settings Package Action Issue
« on: October 10, 2021, 12:50:45 PM »
I was creating a YouTube tutorial on how to use Remote Config. I ran into a weird issue.

The 'Analytics Remote Settings Force Update' action can only be ran once in a projects lifetime. I can't begin to image why this would be. But, if i Set up a project with unity dashboard, and run this action, it will never 'finish' if i try running it again. I have to unlink my project from unity dashboard, relink as a new project, and then I can use that action again. But, again, only once.

Maybe this package isn't compatible with the current Remote Config? Because the 'Analytics Remote Settings Force Update' I assumed would look similar to the 'Fetching and Applying Settings at Runtime' example on https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.remote-config@2.1/manual/CodeIntegration.html , but they don't.

A quick answer would be "This package is not intended to be used with Unity's Remote Config". If that's the case, then I'll try writing some custom actions myself.

Maart

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Play Maker Analytics Remote Settings Package Action Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 05:51:53 PM »
I would love to see analytics and remote config explained
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 06:01:23 PM by Maart »