PlayMaker News > General Discussion

I just posted a review...

<< < (3/3)

Nekoyoubi:
Damian, I apologize that you're not getting the support you feel you need to get going with PlayMaker. These forums are a great place to find assistance on specific topics, but I have not seen any full projects being posted. There are very well charted FSMs in the sample projects, though. Those are what I used to start to understand how to work with PlayMaker, and I think they are a great place to get started. Mind you, they're not going to teach you a lot about Unity itself; such as what scene layouts and level loading are about, but then again, that's not something that we should really pin on PlayMaker's creators anyway.

I would argue that Hutong Games has gone far above and beyond the typical game tools developers with their documentation. I have never had a PlayMaker problem that I couldn't resolve with the documentation or a quick look-up or question here on the forums.

As you asked for in the previous PMs, I can go through some of my projects and try to find something that's not using anything I can't give away (other licensed resources) and see about getting you a complete sample. I will probably need to strip out the actual PlayMaker files from the project though, so you'll need to include your own. Again, I can't guarantee anything, but I will see about this as soon as I can (hopefully this evening).

However, like yourself and Jean, I do feel that a fully featured and publicly available project would be a great help for developers new to PlayMaker. I've created a number of small projects that I've used in getting to a place with PlayMaker that I can use it to fashion complete fully featured games. Believe it or not, I have far more random koi created than I've posted here in the gallery! ;Þ  I'm sure I could start another with the intent of releasing the project itself. Just keep in mind that if I do, it will be using the 1.2 beta currently, and will not be able to be released until 1.2 goes live itself.

Jean, if you would like to work with me on this, I can work with it from a Dropbox share and we could write it together. Feel free to contact me over Google Talk at lance@nekoyoubi.com if you're interested in doing that.

Damian, feel free to contact me over Google Talk at lance@nekoyoubi.com if you have any immediate questions about PlayMaker that I may be able to help you through quickly. Good luck!

Damian:
Hi Nekoyoubi.

Well im use to other developer tool and there is always tons of help with example and alot of documents to read.
This is what playmaker dont have. So for me and other new user its kind of a big steep to learn what to do.
Im a coder also so learn it in a visual way is also a big steep.

So its not only for me I asking this. I think alot of people the look at playmaker dont buy it just for the lack of good demo and dont know where to start.
So this game I was suggesting woould take care of most problem in a good way.
If you and other do this then its great, but I also feel the creator should help out some with it. :-)

Sure that source code I asked in pm would be great to look at.
Im sure that would get me going real fast and I can start to make some logic to the game. :-)

But im very glad you take your time and do this for me and other.

Have a nice day

Damian:
UNITY 3D 3.4 Is now out :-)
Can we get Playmaker 1.2 also ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version