playMaker

Author Topic: Request:State style  (Read 1222 times)

antus

• Playmaker Newbie
Request:State style
« on: January 20, 2022, 11:56:48 PM »

Advantages:
intuitivel
Efficiency

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Re: Request:State style
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 05:12:41 AM »
It is not exactly clear what you are asking for but I think I see what you tried to suggest: that a state in the Graph View displays a preview of the action(s) it contains, more precisely its variables only?

Something like two years ago I think I said that the four-tabs panel (FSM / State / Events / Variables) was taking way too much room and also asked if there could be an option to move it to the left.
The 4TP is in most cases just one big empty lump of gray x by y pixels that just sits there. You cannot turn it into a floating window, you cannot have it be displayed with a translucency, nor can you just have it be "not there" until there is something to display, where the panel would only be of the size of the content.
So if for example you have one action in a state, then the State tab, which is the one that's selected and displayed by default when you click on a state, would just extend down enough so as to display the action. Any space below would simply be semi-opaque or fully invisible, and preferably wouldn't block mouse clicks.

Now with what you suggest, in the cases of small states, the variables they use are to be displayed inside the Graph View.
"Preview variables"
That would perhaps work with small states. The idea would be to avoid having to click on a state to then do modifications in the 4TP.
I think you would want this option to be something to activate per state only.