playMaker

Author Topic: Triggers Not Registering Unless PlayMaker is Opened  (Read 1077 times)

HAIRGROW

• Playmaker Newbie
Triggers Not Registering Unless PlayMaker is Opened
« on: February 28, 2021, 07:22:11 PM »
I'm working on a VR game where the I need to register Trigger Events from the Player. But I've noticed that the Triggers won't register is the Game Window is maximized. If I keep the Game window from maximizing, and have PlayMaker opened, then the Trigger Events will register. I noticed it when I added break points in the FSM and they weren't being called when the Game Window was maximized. I'm unable to provide a copy of the project, as it's fairly large, so I've recorded footage showing the trigger not working when the Game Window is maximized. In the video you can see a semi transparent orange-ish cube on the ground plane. This trigger has a simple FSM that will detect with the Player has entered. In the video you can see that the first time I pass through it, the Trigger doesn't work. When I replay the scene, with the Game window minimized, and PlayerMaker opened, the Trigger Event is then registered thus hitting the break point that I set up.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Triggers Not Registering Unless PlayMaker is Opened
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 10:43:44 PM »
What version of PlayMaker and Unity are you using?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 06:52:14 AM »
Hi.
it looks like the trigger is working, but breakpoints can do weird sometimes when full screen.(which might be solved on latest pm version, i have it on a project with PM 1.9.0.p19 and U218.4.13f1)

Try setting the debug log to level to Error and see if it pauses the game.
(make sure 'Error Pause' is enabled on the Console).

HAIRGROW

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 12:21:20 AM »
I do apologize for the delay in my response. But I'm currently using version 1.9.1. I have the Console set to Error Pause, but the issue still arises.