playMaker

Author Topic: Insane wait for send event  (Read 2461 times)

eccoecco

• Playmaker Newbie
Insane wait for send event
« on: October 04, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
Hey forum members,
I'm having this issue where I have a "GUI touch" to "load level" but have to wait up to 15 seconds for it to load.  Even in the scene a simple send event can take up to 5 seconds just to move from one state to the next. (pictured: an invisible GUI texture object is a child of the red tabe and is waiting for a touch event to move from state 2 to state2-copy where an animation brings down the tab).  The whole scene freezes until the transition is made.

I'm guessing the first answer I'll be given will be that the scene I'm asking it to load is huge but it really isn't.  It may have 26 simple gameObjects, little more than primitives.

Any suggestions?

Sjones

Re: Insane wait for send event
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
if its touch, im guessing its mobile, if it is mobile then performance varies a hell of a lot between them, a couple years old device will run a simple unity scene at 35 fps where as the latest ones can run a large complex scene at 60 fps

loading is about memory, you might not have enough ram or your textures maybe huge, loading level has to do a lot of other things than just load assets, has to reset stuff, make sure theres nothing left behind from the old scene etc.

try to do as little level loading as possible, if its menus, make lots of menus in one level and animate that one level turning stuff on and off, otherwise you will have to put up with the loading times.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 06:30:18 AM »
Hi,

you need to start debugging and maybe output comment sin the console as to when exactly you load the level and when exactly it's actually loaded, so that you know if it's playmaker that takes a long time to send that event and process or if indeed ( and likely the case) your level is big/not optimized and takes a long time to load.

bye,

Jean

eccoecco

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 01:01:46 PM »
Thank you.  I'll see what I can do with this.