playMaker

Author Topic: Menu with playMaker  (Read 2117 times)

ruby

• Playmaker Newbie
Menu with playMaker
« on: October 08, 2012, 01:01:31 PM »
Hi.

Need some help with fixing a menu with playMaker.

What I want is a default menu with 'Start', 'Settings', like that.
But when click on 'Settings' then the camera switches to another cameraposition where the settings can be set.

Now I set this up on every menu-button, but that's not gonna work. Maybe to use an Menumanager or something but don't know how to set this up exactly. 

Maybe someone has some tips for me?

Thanks!

kiriri

Re: Menu with playMaker
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »
Since ou're talking about camera moving etc I suppose you're working with a mesh menu, right? I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but this might help.

Now, this is not going to be the most efficient way, but let's do it like this:
1) You use the "Mouse Pick Event" action in the first state. It detects any clicks on your object, if that object has a collider.
2) the second state has a set position action with the target being the camera and the target position being the position the camera needs to see the next menu.

So yeah, that would need to be done on every single button. Since Playmakercombines all the screencasts into one per frame it shouldn't be too much of a performance issue.

If you want it all in one  FSM, you can use on mouse button down, then get mouse X and get mouse Y, then use that in a screencast. Then you can compare the name of the hit Object with a string and send the according event.
Best,
Sven