playMaker

Author Topic: 1.9+ update: Action duplicates, pre-update check, deletion[SOLVED]  (Read 1113 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
The pre-update checker might find some actions but it's not obvious that they can be selected directly by clicking on them from the pre-update checked window.
The button "select all" just does that, Inspector indicates that several Mono Scripts are selected but then their deletion is not accessible. Doing RMB in the Project window is risky because as nothing is actually selected there, it's impossible to know what will actually be deleted since Unity's UI does not adapt to the quantity of items selected as far as its menus go.
The only solution is to select them all with the checker's button, then go to Assets menu and select Delete. This will warn the user about the incoming deletion.
This is a dangerous operation, I admit I didn't know if Playmaker would then be able to update the instances of these soon-to-be deleted actions I use in FSMs, that is, make them point to the proper actions now which have become in-package default "official" actions.
I think a little clarification on this and a "delete (#) custom scripts" button might be good for users.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 08:10:24 AM by djaydino »

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Re: 1.9+ update: Action duplicates, pre-update check, deletion
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 02:16:26 PM »
I also have an absurdly huge amount of custom actions and I noticed that the MathExpression.cs wasn't detected by the prechecker, perhaps because of this action's unique nature.
I deleted the one I had in custom actions, then got two errors.

Code: [Select]
Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/MathExpression/Mathos/MathExpression.cs(7,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Mathos' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Code: [Select]
Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/MathExpression/Mathos/MathExpression.cs(31,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MathParser' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Did something not get imported properly?
I had to delete the official one too.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 10:49:48 AM by Broken Stylus »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 05:55:44 PM »
The MathExpression action relies on MathParser.cs. Maybe the custom action also used a MathParser.cs that needs to be deleted with the action.

Where did the custom MathExpression come from? I usually only add actions to the pre-update check if I know where they came from and can be reasonably sure that the new action is functionally equivalent. If you have a heavily modified local version of an action you might be better off keeping it and deleting the new action. You'll just need to remember to do that every time you update PlayMaker.

You can delete the official MathExpression folder and re-import PlayMaker to add it again. Scan the package import dialog if you want to double-check exactly what you're importing.

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 06:03:54 AM »
Where did the custom MathExpression come from?

Either from this post or the Ecosystem.
I didn't edit but simply saved it as soon as a valid version was put online.

You can delete the official MathExpression folder and re-import PlayMaker to add it again. Scan the package import dialog if you want to double-check exactly what you're importing.

I think I looked for the action with the :filter in Assets but forgot that it might rely on other scripts (Mathos suite).
It's now working, no more bugs. Thanks!