playMaker

Author Topic: Arrays and minimap problem  (Read 1731 times)

rizenmusic

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
Arrays and minimap problem
« on: March 12, 2021, 12:59:05 AM »
Hi! I've found two bugs:

1. Minimap almost never works. For example, it works when I press play, for the first time, then it doesn't. It almost never works either way. Unity 2019.4.19f1.

2. When I type the number of arrays (for example, bool all true) it returns me to the start of this FSM and I need to scroll back to this action. Not handy at all. Same Unity version.

I've also found a bug where you can't move in the scene while playing and Playmaker window open. I've got no idea why is that.

I have no non-Unity assets except Playmaker and my project is almost new and doesn't consist a lot of scripts and prefabs. Problem with scene movement while playing started to happed after I've started using Playmaker.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Arrays and minimap problem
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 04:26:23 AM »
hi.
by scene movement do you men moving the player?
Do you get any errors?
does your game get paused.

Which minimap do you mean?

Can you show some images?

rizenmusic

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 07:25:34 AM »

The scene is not movable anymore. When my enemy goes to the edge and first state is changed, I can't move through my scene. Not in game - in scene view, I mean, right mouse button/wasd doesn't do anything, it's stuck. Everything works just fine when I disable Playmaker FSM's. No errors, no nothing, the game continues to work as intended. No pause either.

FSM minimap almost never works. I've got no idea, there's nothing in my project to prevent it from working. Enabling/Disabling it doesn't help, changing to another window doesn't help either. It works randomly, like 1 time of 20, I don't see any reason for it to act this way.

Last version, licensed of course.

Also there is a problem with arrays:

Changed it to 3

And boom - I'm here at the top of this FSM.

Playmaker is not very welcoming for me right now.

rizenmusic

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 01:15:47 PM »
Another thing - scene tab freezes only if there is an FSM window open like on my screenshot. If it's closed the scene tab working like usual.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 02:23:40 PM »
I'm trying to reproduce the scene tab freezing here. Does it happen with any FSM selected? In every scene? Trying to figure out the specific conditions when it happens.

The minimap will be fixed in the next update.
Array editing jumping to the top of the action list should also be fixed.

Thanks for reporting these issues!

rizenmusic

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 11:00:23 PM »

Here's the video. It happens with this FSM, doesn't happen with another one with raycasts. Here's what inside those states when the scene view is stuck:

rizenmusic

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 11:15:38 PM »
Moreover, there's a chain of problems. I've found that when this bug occurs this one happens next:

When I'm scrolling my components, my mouse is acting weird. It doesn't happen until I start to play my game and scene stuck bug happens. But after that no matter what it's there - no matter if Playmaker FSM window is opened or closed and no matter what object I'm on.

I'm using two monitors, by the way. I also can't move tabs from one monitor to another after this happens - unity won't let me to drag them over to another monitor.

Here's the video:

That's frustrating.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 11:24:06 PM by rizenmusic »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 02:35:45 PM »
The thing jumping out at me from those screenshots is that Set Velocity 2d uses a scene gizmo for editing (signified by the red/green/blue axis next to the help button). Maybe turning the scene gizmos off/on while switching states is confusing Unity and it's getting stuck in a gizmo editing state. The mouse cursor wrapping around the screen edge also suggests this.

I've attached a version of the SetVelocity2dEditor that disables the editing gizmo while playing. Try importing it and see if it helps. You can also try collapsing the SetVelocity2d action to completely disable the scene gizmo.

rizenmusic

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 11:27:46 PM »
Sadly, it didn't help. Moreover, it has nothing to do with gizmos. I imported the package, nothing changed, then turned off set velocity 2d, then removed it completely from states. Then turned off every state component except waiting - and the problem is still there.

As you can see, those two are basically empty, but still the problem exists.

I've even created a new fsm of two states and wait action to go to the second one. Still there. Created FSM for another sprite without any scripts, reloaded unity and disabled all my previous FSMs before testing, then created another FSM and tested it. No matter what it does this after going to another state.

Updated Unity to 2020.3, nothing changed.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 11:50:15 PM by rizenmusic »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2021, 11:58:43 PM »
Thanks for checking. I'll try to repro here.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 01:11:34 AM »
Ok, I was able to repro. Fix will be in the next update. Thanks for reporting it!