playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Tween Position (local)  (Read 3280 times)

LuminRabbit

• Lumin Rabbit
Playmaker Tween Position (local)
« on: December 31, 2020, 09:46:30 AM »
Hi,

Im playing around with the playmaker tweens and it seems as though the local tween in the action Tween Position doesn't seem to be moving locally.

For example if I have a empty game object that tweens to a position of z 15, then have a child object (cube) that tweens locally in the Y to a position of 5.

You would expect the cube to move diagonal but this is ant the case (the cube will move up in the Y where it is instead of locally to also move with its parent in the z.

I do however love the colored arrows (very nice feature!).
Have I said how much I love playmaker!!! This is one amazing tool

CSmith

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker Tween Position (local)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 11:55:36 PM »
Yes, totally agree.  Came here to post this myself.

Tween Position (and "Punch" et al with position or rotation) needs a 'Space' option for World or Local.  Would also want to offer an "additive" option (e.g. add a sine motion on top of animation that is already moving an object without overriding it).

I see in the Action code, it's currently just assigning the output to world (transform.position).

Lastly, does it want to also have a Rigibody.movePosition option as well for objects using rigidbody?  I believe this way physics objects in motion from tweening act appropriately when colliding with other objects AFAIK.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 12:05:46 AM by CSmith »