playMaker

Author Topic: Action to detect iOS/Android version  (Read 1598 times)

Christoph

• Beta Group
Action to detect iOS/Android version
« on: March 15, 2021, 03:04:40 PM »
Did find something for device models, but not for OS. Now that Apple is introducing ATT in iOS 14.5+ it would be good to have such an action to detect if user is on this version or later and then do trigger corresponding privacy code.

Is this already available and I missed it? If not, would be cool to have an action like that.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Action to detect iOS/Android version
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 08:29:14 AM »
Hi.
Could you try the package below.

This will probably only work in a build as it needs to get the 'Ios' version :)

Christoph

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 01:35:26 PM »
Keep an eye on this too:
https://resources.unity.com/ios-14-resources/ios-14-app-readiness-guide?utm_source=am&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=ios14-resources&utm_content=app-readiness
Yeah, this is for Unity Ads only though. I'm not using Unity Ads for monetization. But each ad provider will have its own ATT flow, what I need is to be able to detect if the version is 14.5 or later and then trigger that flow. And well, if the version is lower than 14.5 I would need to trigger GDPR and CCPA instead for the specific geo locations.

Hi.
Could you try the package below.

This will probably only work in a build as it needs to get the 'Ios' version :)
Amazing, thanks. Will try as soon as I have time. This is iOS only, right? Would be awesome to have one action for both, iOS and Android since Google will have similar stuff happen very soon (and now already uses GDPR of course).

I also wonder if we access this information if this is already part of tracking which would be against the policies lol

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 02:58:56 PM »
Hi.
Yes Ios only.
But there is probably a way as well.
let me know when you need it.

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 03:08:30 PM »
But each ad provider will have its own ATT flow, what I need is to be able to detect if the version is 14.5 or later and then trigger that flow. And well, if the version is lower than 14.5 I would need to trigger GDPR and CCPA instead for the specific geo locations.

You did the ad set up all by yourself?
If you use a plugin that provides a management for ads, it's logical to me that this extension would be the one checking on the OS version and swap from one prompt to the more modern one.