playMaker

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! Simple Object Pool broke my project  (Read 698 times)

christerf

• Playmaker Newbie
PLEASE HELP! Simple Object Pool broke my project
« on: March 18, 2021, 01:04:12 AM »
I just installed this asset and it completely destroyed my project. I have no idea how to fix the hundred of errors that I have and I cant possibly fix them all in safe mode. I hope someone has a solution or I've lost weeks of work.

Can I remove all 988 scripts? It would be a pain but a lot faster than rebuilding the entire game again. Thanks![/img]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 01:48:50 AM by christerf »

christerf

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: PLEASE HELP! Simple Object Pool broke my project
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 04:07:33 AM »
So the vendor recommended removing the offending 998 scripts and my project opens now but I have an entire set of new errors - none of which I have a clue how to fix. I think my days of using Unity are numbered - its just too easy to break things. So discouraged right now...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:12:21 AM by christerf »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 05:07:43 PM »
It looks like Simple Object Pool includes PlayMaker.dll. This older PlayMaker.dll in that package overwrote the one in your project and caused the errors. I contacted the author to ask them to remove it.

In the meantime, you can revert to the original project, and this time when importing Simple Object Pool, uncheck PlayMaker.dll in the import dialog.

Or you could try re-installing PlayMaker in the project. That should also fix it.

christerf

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 05:56:01 PM »
Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for the advice. I reinstalled Playmaker and still have over 200 errors but at least now I can see all my FSM's so at least I can replicate them now. And thanks for contacting the author. I was rushed and saw the hutong games logo and thought it was you guys that made it. Always make a backup right?