playMaker

Author Topic: Moving issue  (Read 557 times)

misterjuly

Moving issue
« on: March 25, 2021, 09:13:41 PM »
Hello,

So, I know this is a VERY small issue, but it is still bugging me. My character will move just the smallest amount automatically. I want him to be still. I tried adjusting all the settings under the rigid body 2d, but I think I got it the best possible. I am using the planet runner asset, so my platforms are circles. Not sure if that would make a difference. I know this isn't directly a Playmaker thing, but its possible it has something to do with that. Plus quite frankly, I've never posted on the unity forums, and it looks like a lot of people are left hanging there, unlike this forum :) Thanks for your help!

John Bassi

Weak Interactive

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
Re: Moving issue
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 12:39:32 PM »
Not sure if these will help, but here's two ways I've solved sliding in my own projects:

The first is I set the velocity 2D of the rigid body 2D to 0 every frame when the object is in its idle state.

The second is to apply a physics material 2D (right click in project -> create -> 2D -> physics material 2D) to the rigid body 2D and pump up the friction.

Hopefully one of these helps. Even small issues can be a huge pain, good luck haha.