playMaker

Author Topic: Unet and Playmaker Problems!!  (Read 5414 times)

Ateam

Unet and Playmaker Problems!!
« on: May 05, 2018, 02:46:08 AM »
Hi how can i send a string to the server or to clients in Unet? pls help, I'm asking this for so long, is very disappointing the documentation or the implementation of unet with playmaker
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 02:17:19 PM by Ateam »

Ateam

Re: Unet and Playmaker Problems!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 02:16:06 PM »
For example the UNET "send command event" and "send client RPC event" cant send data like strings, I try do that but i don't have idea how the "PlayMakerUnetNetworkBehaviourProxy" work, the UNET actions have 2 years old with no updates. Can someone help me please?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 02:18:36 PM by Ateam »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 04:35:03 AM »
Hi,

Can you reference the post where you asked for this, I'll fill them up as well with answers. Always ping on threads that did not get a response and pm me if nothing come up at all.

Unfortunatly, uNet is not in a state that justify a full blown support on the Ecosystem or wiki, at least from my end, if someone is willing to step in and provide extensive support, let me know.

Can you explain why you want to work with uNet? and what is your plan for releasing? uNet is a sub optimal solution for proper multi player networking. I woudl strongly advice using Exitgames photon, for which I provide full and on going support.

However, I'll have a look at unet, maybe I can quickly update it to include this. Please ping me towards the end of the week, if I haven't done it by then.

Bye,

Jean

Bye,

Jean

Ateam

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:39:59 AM »
Hello thanks for the answer, i want to host a unet server to a ubuntu vps server so many games already do this for example  the mmo crowfall, I want make a little mmo with old school graphics, im a artist no a programmer person so, i know how do this with photon but i want to use my own dedicates server.

photon have they own server to host but you need pay for the licence monthly and i just want to host unet, also I try to use photon and i think that have a error when you try to use self host and try to connect manually.

Oh i really appreciate if you can update unet actions also if that happen i can do video tutorials about unet and playmaker and how host the server to make support to that integration.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:14:42 AM by Ateam »

Ateam

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 08:01:39 AM »
Also if you want to see my work, This 3 games are created by me and playmaker. The ponyland mmo is with photon and is winner from a gamejam. https://sandyh.itch.io

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 03:41:06 AM »
Hi,

ok, so you are not planning on using unet matchmaking services, I see.

Photon onPremise server is a turn key solution and will be free up to 100CCU and 40K monthly actives, so plenty of room here I think.

https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/OnPremise/pricing

OnPremise works straight away for any Photon project using cloud, but instead of connecting to a cloud region, you will explicitly connect to your onPremise ServerIP, everything else will work the same, if it doesn't you should contact support.

However, Photon is not recommanded for MMO, so yeah it make sense to use another system.

-----

all this aside, I did update the actions UnetSendCommandEvent and UnetSendClientRpcEvent  to let you send a string as data. Let me know if this works for you ( blind code :) ) simply redownload the PlayMaker Unet package from the ecoystem.

Bye,

Jean

Ateam

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 12:26:10 AM »
Hii thanks its work, can I sync a variable with playmaker? Because im try it and it not work
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:10:57 AM by Ateam »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 01:57:35 AM »
Hi,

yes, thinking playmaker variables works, you are likely getting confused with the requirements. Can you explain your context? from client to server, from server to client?

Bye,

Jean

Ateam

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 06:18:06 AM »
Server to client?? Im trying to make a id on spawned objects so sync that id and set name in client, do you know what I mean?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 09:46:30 AM »
Hi,

yes, it means your server is responsible for the spawning of this object and that you need to synchronize from the server to the clients the name and Id.

can you show me how you are trying to achieve your variable synchronization?

Bye,

Jean

Ateam

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 11:37:14 AM »
so the only thing that i need is activate the network sync in the variable, right? so when the server change that the client sync the variable right? that is what im doing, but it not work.

Ateam

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 11:57:15 AM »
I try the same thing with c# and it work so is a playmaker problem I guess.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 02:00:43 AM »
Hi,

no, you need a "PlayMakerUnetNetworkBehaviourProxy" component on your gameobject with the fsm that has networked synch variables, else, it's not going to be picked up for synchronisation.

Bye,

Jean

Ateam

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2021, 02:17:42 PM »
this is from 2018  ;D