playMaker

Author Topic: Help with "Get Scene Is Loaded"  (Read 926 times)

Weak Interactive

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
Help with "Get Scene Is Loaded"
« on: March 26, 2021, 12:29:53 PM »
Hello,

I have an initial scene that loads a game manager before I go to the main menu in my game, and I want to make sure that scene is actually loaded before I load the main menu.

I'm trying to use the "Get Scene Is Loaded" action, but the "Is Loaded Event" doesn't fire no matter what I try. Even re-entering the state over and over after the level is loaded doesn't fire the event.

Storing a bool with "Is Loaded" seems to work, and I can just do a bool test, but I'm still not sure if the action is actually working the way I need it to.

Does anyone know why the "Is Loaded Event" doesn't fire? Is there a safer way of doing what I'm trying to accomplish? I just want to avoid my initial scene unloading before my game manager can fire its code that makes it so it isn't destroyed between scenes.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Unity 2020.3.1f1
Playmaker 1.9.1.p4

Gustav

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Help with "Get Scene Is Loaded"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 12:44:11 PM »
Hi,

you are right, the events are never fired. That's because they are not yet implemented in the action. I filed a bug report. It will surely be fixed in the next update. Meanwhile you can use the Bool Test action, it's no difference besides the extra bool variable you have to use.

What you are trying to achieve is a singleton pattern. If you don't know, there is a Singleton Manager action on the Ecosystem. It's easy to use: Singleton for newbie

Regards
Gustav

Weak Interactive

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
Re: Help with "Get Scene Is Loaded"
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 07:17:49 PM »
Hey,

Thanks for the response.

Glad that's cleared up, I was really just concerned why the events weren't firing and was wondering if I was doing something wrong. I've been using the bool test instead and it's working fine.

Thanks again, have a good one.