playMaker

Author Topic: How to do Mouselook using Rewire [SOLVED]  (Read 783 times)

ChromoDev

• Playmaker Newbie
How to do Mouselook using Rewire [SOLVED]
« on: April 09, 2021, 06:57:01 PM »
Hello! This is my time posting on here, and I just can't figure out this problem with Mouselook I'm having
I'm using the "Rewire" asset for my player input and I've got everything hooked up and working but I just can't figure out how to get Mouselook to work with this new system.
Currently I'm using the provided playmaker Mouselook action, which works but If I want to add full controller support with Rewire this method is bunk.
The mouselook can only take default Unity Input mouse axes, so I was wondering if there was a way to add my rewire mouse axes into this or is there an action that can do what I'm asking that I just can't find?
If neither and I'll have to make my own mouselook method, what would be the best way to go about this?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 04:41:09 AM by ChromoDev »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: How to do Mouselook using Rewire
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 10:22:10 AM »
Hi.
I made a custom version of the mouse look action so you can give the x / y axis to the action (attachment below)

You can use the rewired actions to get the axes.

Let me know if it worked :)

ChromoDev

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: How to do Mouselook using Rewire
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 04:40:22 AM »
Hi.
I made a custom version of the mouse look action so you can give the x / y axis to the action (attachment below)

You can use the rewired actions to get the axes.

Let me know if it worked :)

I did some test runs with it and unless some issues comes up down the line, this action is literally p e r f e c t, huge thanks djaydino. I can now do proper full controller support.

That said on first time use I now found the mouse axis SUPER sensitive, though I was able to fix this by knocking down the default rewire input mouse sensitivity value from 1 to 0.1 (photo attached for clarity) after that all was well.
Again HUGE thanks. Have a good one!