playMaker

Author Topic: Some nice, friendly, easy, happy, action browser structure.  (Read 3866 times)

BiggestLoooser

• Playmaker Newbie
Some nice, friendly, easy, happy, action browser structure.
« on: April 12, 2021, 12:22:33 PM »
Heyllo,

I come from a 100% artist background and am just getting into the "pleasure" of making games(that I really want to make), so I thought, get Playmaker, it seems to make a lot of sense(ect ect).
Now I get it if you want to rant and rant about what I am about to say but the way the action browser is structured is still much, much more geared towards people with programming experience.
At least that is my gist of it and what somebody said to me, who knows how to program, when I asked him too many questions(what does this mean? And that? And this?) and he wants me to quit this and just do it in C# and just get my head around it and that he will help me and that we will be bff(ect ect).

I thought the whole point of adding a level of abstraction is too make everything more user friendly.
Not just to make everything MORE abstract.
Would it not be great if it just all made sense? I mean terminology wise...to beginners. Not experts. And it should be so easy.
It`s just the terminology. The words. Which words.
At least give me an option to accommodate my low iq.

I have so many great ideas and now this will take FOREVER. One way or the other.

Look, I am pretty sure that I am not the only one was/is frustrated by this and this would be such logical progression...

Come one...lets cuddle up and make it happen...for my sake AND THAT OF FUTURE GENERATIONS(But mostly mine).

Hi mom.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Some nice, friendly, easy, happy, action browser structure.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 06:02:54 PM »
Hi.
To make games whether using Playmaker or something else, you will still need to learn terms like raycast / velocity / force etc.

Playmaker is a lot more non programmer friendly than for example Bolt, as bolt is just mirroring code.
Which means that you would need to learn even more about coding.

Best is to start with following some tutorials (series) to get familiar with playmaker.
You can find many tutorials on YouTube, our forum, on the Tutorial page and on our Discord channel

The biggest mistake most people do whether in C# or using Playmaker or Bolt (or other state machines) is to start on their 'Game' Immediately without getting familiar 1st.

Also if you get stuck feel free to ask help on the forums or on our Discord channel :)