playMaker

Author Topic: Fading tile maps  (Read 1605 times)

misterjuly

Fading tile maps
« on: April 19, 2021, 01:11:21 PM »
Hello,

I need to be able to fade tile maps in and out. I see the tween fade action, but it doesn't seem to work for tile maps. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

misterjuly

Re: Fading tile maps
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 07:44:51 AM »
bump

Plancksize

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 12:42:25 PM »
Hello,

I need to be able to fade tile maps in and out. I see the tween fade action, but it doesn't seem to work for tile maps. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

You need to fade the tilemap color Alpha. You can use Tween color for that.

Set tilemap color at every frame and tween color from current to the same color but with alpha 0 (for fade out).

Been working on a few tilemap actions, just getting the last touches on those, but meanwhile you can use this one (attachment) if you want, or simply using the Set Property on Tilemap color.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 12:44:06 PM by Plancksize »

misterjuly

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 02:21:41 PM »
Cool! Thanks so much! I'll try it and let you know how it goes!

misterjuly

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 11:44:10 AM »
So, I'm trying to use Tween color action, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Here is how the action is set up. I am aware that there is a delay to start it, so I know that is not the issue. Thanks!

John Bassi

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 07:49:40 PM »
Hi.
if you only fade the alpha, then maybe you can use a tween float (value 1 to value 0 and vice versa to fade in/out

and use that float with the set color action.

as i don't think the set color works with tilemap

Plancksize

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 11:18:52 PM »
So, I'm trying to use Tween color action, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Here is how the action is set up. I am aware that there is a delay to start it, so I know that is not the issue. Thanks!

John Bassi

Not sure if that's a Unity Tilemap, since Tween Color should give a warning about the tilemap not having the correct component on it, but if it actually is an Unity's Tilemap, Tween won't work on it.
To do that you need to Tween a Color Variable and use that Variable (on same State, at Everyframe) on either a Set Property - Color or with the Action I posted above.
I'll attack a couple images to help.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 08:46:01 AM »
Hi.
Maybe you can update the 'Tilemap Set Color' action the same way as other Set Colors actions where you have rgba separate :)

Have a look at Set Sprite Color or Ui Graphics Set Color :)