playMaker

Author Topic: Please help with changing LookatConstraint source object with Playmaker  (Read 538 times)

emildragan

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi.

I am facing a problem with LookAtConstraint property which is applied to a gamebject. I can access all the properties in Playmaker, by dragging this component in a FSM or using Send Message. I can access properties like SetActive, weight etc. by I cannot access at runtime the source object or its weight, it is not exposed in Playmaker.

What I want is to be able at runtime to change the source object that is attached to this constraint. I don t know if this is the reason, but I see that in the Unity documentation LookAtConstraint is part of the Animation class, I can change the source object and its weight from the animation window with an Animator, but this is not the solution for me. If I use 20 source object, I will need to go through 20 animation states. I need to change the source object by using a gameobject variable.

Is there a method to access that property at runtime with Playmaker? I see that in ScriptControl there are other methods, like InvokeMethod, Call Static Method, but I don t know how to use all of them.

Thank you.