playMaker

Author Topic: Action Browser Empty/Broken [Solved]  (Read 777 times)

insominx

• Playmaker Newbie
Action Browser Empty/Broken [Solved]
« on: May 06, 2021, 07:35:42 PM »
I've been trying to make my own custom actions using the wizard to no avail.  I make an empty custom action and try to use it and I end up with a blank/empty action browser.  This is using PlayMaker 1.9.1.p5.  I would debug the source but it is not available. I've tryied reinstalling.  Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated?

Here's the call stack:
Code: [Select]
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex
System.BitConverter.ToBoolean (System.Byte[] value, System.Int32 startIndex) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmUtility+BitConverter.ToBoolean (System.Byte[] value, System.Int32 startIndex) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmUtility.cs:834)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.LoadActionField (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm, System.Object obj, System.Reflection.FieldInfo field, System.Int32 paramIndex) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:1144)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.TryRecoverAction (HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData+Context context, System.Type actionType, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmStateAction action, System.Int32 actionIndex) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:2210)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.CreateAction (HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData+Context context, System.Int32 actionIndex) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:935)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.LoadActions (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:787)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.get_Actions () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:771)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.DoSearch () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSearch.cs:989)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.Update () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSearch.cs:554)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch..ctor (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSearch.cs:546)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.GetSearch (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm, System.Boolean update) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSearch.cs:138)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.Update (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSearch.cs:311)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.UpdateAll () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSearch.cs:281)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSearch.UpdateAllIfNeeded () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSearch.cs:187)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.DoGUI () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionSelector.cs:183)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.BaseEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.1/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/BaseEditorWindow.cs:163)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at <3081d2bcbc4348779c37880b87cdb6a1>:0)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <3081d2bcbc4348779c37880b87cdb6a1>:0)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <3081d2bcbc4348779c37880b87cdb6a1>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <1fd6bc3af931450b977286a218b046fb>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 12:41:21 PM by insominx »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Action Browser Empty/Broken
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 07:43:09 PM »
Hi.
the action that you created, have you removed it?

insominx

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 09:32:22 PM »
Yes, I have removed that newly created code and the Action Browser is still empty.  If I restart Unity, it will return but after using it for a minute the same thing happens (even without creating a new action).  Maybe creating the new action is a red herring.

insominx

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 09:43:50 PM »
Here is a video of the problem happening:

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 10:18:16 AM »
Hi.
I mean the script itself as there are issues with the script you made.
can you show the script itself you can use pastebin or something similar

insominx

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Action Browser Empty/Broken [Solved]
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 12:40:40 PM »
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!  It turns out that I had Fsm Template .asset files from a much older version of PlayMaker in the project and simply deleting those fixed it.  It sure would be nice if there was something helpful in the console about this rather than an ArgumentOutOfRange exception deep in the closed source.  I appreciate you taking the time to help djaydino.