playMaker

Author Topic: How to set position of Parent and children at the same time?  (Read 615 times)

xanderhd

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,

I am trying to implement this checkpoint/respawn feature from this video.
The checkpoint activates, plays a sound, but when the Player falls through the killfloor trigger, only the parent respawns. The children, ie, the characters hands/body/camera and everything keep falling. How can I get this "Set position" action to move the player and everything under it?

I tried tagging each individual thing below it as player

Thanks in advance

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: How to set position of Parent and children at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 11:30:22 AM »
Hi.
Only thing i can see it that 'Set Position' Space is set to self and it probably has to be set to 'World'

xanderhd

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: How to set position of Parent and children at the same time?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 11:12:43 PM »
@djaydino - thanks, tried it but it still didnt work. I think self is fine, because it is the location of the trigger.

Current Update:

In the character controller script they have this variable, which defines what needs to be moved (The whole character):
public void MoveToPosition(Vector3 locoBallBottom)

Im not fully sure what this means though.

I think I need to make a custom Playmaker action to pull this script/variable, then will be able to move everything.

I am following this tutorial found on the forums here:
I updated the example script fields, but am getting these errors:

Assets\allowHex.cs(93,36): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVector3' to 'UnityEngine.Vector3'

Assets\allowMove.cs(91,31): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmFloat' to 'float'

Anyone know how to fix?