playMaker

Author Topic: I just got a tablet. What direction would you suggest?  (Read 1589 times)

lolylola420@gmail.com

• Playmaker Newbie
I just got a tablet. What direction would you suggest?
« on: May 30, 2021, 04:09:05 AM »
Yeah, it's an old galaxy tab that a roommate gifted me with when he upgraded. It's old, small and perfect for stress-testing for mobile development.
With that being said, I have no idea what direction to go in to figure out what kind of process I'd need to learn to be able to use PlayMaker to develop something with this.
So, who here that has experience with tablet/mobile development using PlayMaker? What direction would you suggest I (or anyone that's reading this and also wanting to know) go in?
เว็บบอล
This isn't really about what kind of game to make... It's more about what kind of things one would need to understand about developing for a mobile device that developing for the PC market might not really give them. :o

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: I just got a tablet. What direction would you suggest?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 07:29:54 AM »
Hi.
If you don't have much knowledge of playmaker, then its best to follow some tutorial series and try some simple projects to get more familiar with unity/playmaker.

The biggest mistake many people do is to start directly on a full project of their 'game'
and then hit many wall due to lack of knowledge.

Alsways minimize using Get/Set Properties actions.
You can find many custom actions on the Ecosystem

if (for example) you use 3rd party assets than do not have Playmaker support you can use 'Get/Set Properties' actions.
But then you probably also will need to use Linker Wizard