playMaker

Author Topic: Updated Unity 2021.1.9f1, my Playmaker has gone nuts! Please help!  (Read 1114 times)

BredDev

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi everyone.

I took a hiatus from Unity and Playmaker for a few months and I installed the new Unity version, after getting errors from Playmaker I updated that too to 1.9.1.p5, and now my playmaker files I spent months on, are getting LOTS of errors.
(See screenshots)

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing unity and playmaker but the errors keep coming back. I'm not using a pirated version of PM, I bought it off the Unity Store, so I have no idea why this is happening and I'm running out of options.

Unity is asking me to enter safe mode? My projects were 100% before. After installing Playmaker on import, its not even showing up at the top, there's not even an install window?

Please can someone give me advice on how to recover my projects and get Playmaker back running again? I don't want to lose all my progress, the one project I went into, I couldn't even see the FSM actions I had spent so much time on.

*The reason eveything is pink I suspect is a render pipeline issue but it also seems to be acting up.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 11:04:52 AM by BredDev »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Updated Unity 2021.1.9f1, my Playmaker has gone nuts! Please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 01:17:40 PM »
Hi.
1st thing you should do is to make a backup from your project.
Its very important to have some version control for projects especially when upgrading.

Because you had errors when importing playmaker it is probably not installed correctly.

What you can try is to go to the folder : Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Install
There should be a package there called Playmaker.x.x.x (x.x.x is the version)

Double click it and import that.

But again, make a backup 1st!

BredDev

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Updated Unity 2021.1.9f1, my Playmaker has gone nuts! Please help!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 03:28:36 AM »
Ok great, that seemed to do the trick I've got no errors, but now all the FSM's are missing? I made a whole tree of actions that were visible in the window below, along with other objects that had assigned FSM actions which no longer have them?

Edit: When I click the supposed object that had the FSM, it says 'Mono Script' behavior missing. I clicked inside the tab to find the Mono Script but it isnt there.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 07:50:52 AM by BredDev »