playMaker

Author Topic: Certain Collisions not working  (Read 1044 times)

misterjuly

Certain Collisions not working
« on: June 25, 2021, 07:45:22 PM »
Hello,

Some of my trigger2devents and collision2devents are working and some are not. I checked the tags, fsm, adding a Rigidbody 2d, colliders, making sure is trigger is checked, and all the other little things. Its weird because some will work and some will not, seemingly doing the same thing. The weird part is, to my knowledge, it was working before without me doing anything to it. The only thing I did was try to export a build of my project to a different platform (for testing purposes) and then I found out my scene was missing (the files were there) until I put in a certain file (the scene file), but after that it seemed to not work this one thing. Everything else seems the same. Even the fsm that is the problem to my knowledge, has remained unchanged. I'm really stumped on this one. Thanks!

misterjuly

Re: Certain Collisions not working
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 09:03:35 PM »
This just became more complexing: I had the idea to delete the actions that were not working and copy and paste the ones that were, and it worked... once. When I tested it again, with NO changes mind you, it wouldn't work. I tested it twice and the same exact result happened. Starting to think this is a bug. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 03:00:43 AM »
Can you give us some info on the setup, actions you're using, rigidbody setup and so on?
Available for Playmaker work

misterjuly

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 10:43:05 AM »
I am using dynamic rigid bodies on the parents of the players. I have a ground pound mechanic to interact with other players (might I need to line up the colliders not with the player itself, the ones that trigger, so that the force does not go down too much?). Here is the FSM (both players are the same, just the interactions are the inverse). The last state just deactivates the opponent. The ball tag is actually for the ground. I have all these triggers so that the balls can interact right when they touch the opponent and leave when not ground pounding. Thanks for your help! Hope that makes sense!

misterjuly

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 10:43:36 AM »
image 2

misterjuly

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 10:44:02 AM »
image 3

misterjuly

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 10:44:28 AM »
last image

misterjuly

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 10:46:54 AM »
I actually said it wrong. Not the parents of the players, but the rigid bodies are on the players which are parents of other game objects. Sorry for all the posts but it would only let me post one image per post. Thanks again!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 07:42:12 AM »
Hi.
In most cases its better to use Collision stay and Trigger Stay instead of enter.

I also use a separate fsm if i need to check enter and exit.

the separate fsm will simply have 2 states.
1 to check enter (stay)
1 to check exit
on both states i have a set bool value (isColliding / isInTrigger for example)
then on other fsms i use fsm bool test (Ecosystem)

misterjuly

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2021, 01:36:47 PM »
I think that worked! Thanks SO MUCH!!!