playMaker

Author Topic: Editor Errors (variables) After Udating Unity and PM  (Read 1278 times)

kavery

Editor Errors (variables) After Udating Unity and PM
« on: July 14, 2021, 04:17:53 PM »
I updated my project to 2020.3.1.3f (PM 1.9.2). I keep getting this editor error, with no ability to see local variables, and no way to open the global variables UI. When I select the variables tab within an FSM, I get this weird looking panel. I included some pictures with errors.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Editor Errors (variables) After Udating Unity and PM
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 11:02:51 AM »
Hi.
I will just ask some questions to help finding the issue :)

Can you select one of the errors so we can see the details from the error :)

Do you have array maker/Datamaker/other packages from the Ecosystem in your project?

If you make a clean project and import Playmaker do you have this issue as well?

Do you have it all the time or only on certain objects with fsms?

kavery

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 12:44:52 PM »
Thanks for the help.

I do have array maker in my project.

It will actually work properly at times in my project, but not for long. other times the first thing I select, even a simple fsm will throw the errors.

When I get the bug where globals count appears on the left side, if I click on 'Name' (above the column), it fixes the local variables panel. But Globals panel still won't open.   

It also fails to display Action Browser.. just a blank panel often times. But not always. And lots of other editor bugs. ie. acting as though the FSM is locked, not changing state when selecting a different game object.

Here's an image of one of the errors. The count continues to climb while the panel is open. In this instance, editor window for variables appeared blank. Other times it shows like pictured before - as a listed global use count on the left side.

I get a lot of new task bar moments when doing things like opening playmaker editor. Relating to onGUI, layout and various project updating.

I noticed the error keeps referencing playmaker 1.9.1 but I'm using 1.9.2. Not sure if that means anything.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 12:53:23 PM by kavery »

kavery

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 05:28:52 PM »
Update: I managed to improve things. At the moment the only issue I'm still having is the globals won't appear no matter what I try. It shows no errors. It just doesn't pop up. Any way to repair just this feature?

kavery

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 11:15:24 PM »
After a day of fiddling I rebuilt the library again and everything is working!