playMaker

Author Topic: Weird Freezing issue  (Read 960 times)

misterjuly

Weird Freezing issue
« on: August 28, 2021, 08:05:24 PM »
Hello,

I don't know if this is a Playmaker, Unity, or computer issue, but whenever I build my game (for Mac), run it, then change the volume of all things (using the volume keys on my computer), it freezes to a point where I have to force power off my entire computer then power it back on and it works fine. I was having some other issues with my computer before that I think I fixed (by calling Apple), but it seems to happen when I hit the volume keys. I tried changing the volume that way in the unity editor or anywhere else on my computer and no problems. My computer is not very powerful in terms of ram (only 8 GB I believe), but Ive never had this issue before. Not sure what's going on, but any advice at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Weird Freezing issue
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 09:52:14 PM »
Hi.
So after you restarted, your build worked normal?

if so it might be something with your computer.
i can be the Ram or Cpu in most cases.

but its hard to say.

misterjuly

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 09:19:32 AM »
No, my computer worked normal after restarting, but not my build. Well my build works fine until I change the volume on the key board. Still think its a ram/CPU issue? It is just weird that I wasn't having this problem until after I had problems with my computer. And why the volume keys of all things? Any thoughts on that? Also, is there a way to improve CPU/Ram? Its a MacBook Air 2019. Thanks!

misterjuly

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 10:02:24 AM »
Now it’s working. Maybe my computer just needed to rest over night. Thanks!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 07:44:34 PM »
Hi.
If you have a infinite loop happening it can also cause issues.
But usually you should get error messages in the editor as well.

misterjuly

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 08:43:13 AM »
No errors in the editor (at least that I've seen). Also, now my computer's freezing whenever I try to exit out of the build (I right click on the application and hit quit to cause it to happen). Then I have to power off and on my computer. I've never had this issue before recently, have done it plenty of times. I'm guessing it boils down to a weak computer because I have had lots of lagging in the past. I recently built the game for a friend who has Linux and had to change a few settings around. None of them should have affected the Mac version, but I am just wondering because these issues started around the same time. Probably just coincidence, but I wasn't sure if you had any thoughts. Thanks!