playMaker

Author Topic: Endless runner: Help creating a diagonal movement pattern.  (Read 559 times)

NewtonTrey

• Playmaker Newbie
Endless runner: Help creating a diagonal movement pattern.
« on: October 18, 2021, 05:59:59 AM »
Good day,

I have followed along some very good endless runner playmaker tutorials and I have managed to create something that can pass for a game. It is only for private use, but its my first and I am happy with it.

I thought I would add my own spin to it by having the player move in diagonal 45 degree lines instead of just straight left and right. I thought it would be relatively easy, but I have now spent the entire weekend trying to get it to work and am currently thinking about throwing out my entire computer.

What am I missing?

I figured that the first dash would only be 45 degrees since my player starts of by running forward in a straight line. When the player is ready, he taps the screen and the character either moves/dashes 45 degrees left or right.

The next turn would then have to be 90 degrees in the other direction if I want to achieve a kind of zig zaging effect, and 90 degrees after that and so on.

I know how to make the character move left and right in a straight line, but how would I go about making it move in a diagonal way left and right?

Please save my computer from an early death!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Endless runner: Help creating a diagonal movement pattern.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 12:43:35 PM »
Hi.
Is this for 2d / 3d?
how are you doing the current left right (velocity/translate/tween/other)

PolyMad

Re: Endless runner: Help creating a diagonal movement pattern.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 01:43:53 PM »
Much of want to know depends on how you have set up things.
How is the game?
Can you share at least a screenshot, so we have an idea of what we are talking about?