playMaker

Author Topic: Better workflow for global variable creation  (Read 999 times)

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Better workflow for global variable creation
« on: December 23, 2021, 12:09:57 PM »
I know, that everyone recommends not using global variables, but I like them and use them a lot. And currently creation of new global variable when any global variable selected is a bit cumbersome. I have to scroll down to bottom of the list to find free space, then click that free space and only then, option for new variable appears. Which is a bit time consuming and annoying. It looks like this

One possible solution, it so add "new variable" option to that list

But I'm okay with any solution that cuts down on a number of steps I need to perform to create new variable.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Better workflow for global variable creation
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 02:32:00 PM »
Escape should deselect the selected variable, but I notice it's not working as expected in the Global Variables window. I think the first escape is used by the search field maybe, so you have to hit escape twice. But that should still be quicker than scrolling to an empty space.

I agree this UI could be streamlined.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 02:34:50 PM by Alex Chouls »

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Re: Better workflow for global variable creation
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 11:37:49 AM »
Escape should deselect the selected variable, but I notice it's not working as expected in the Global Variables window. I think the first escape is used by the search field maybe, so you have to hit escape twice. But that should still be quicker than scrolling to an empty space.

I agree this UI could be streamlined.
Thanks for the tip!