playMaker

Author Topic: Animation Looping Option Missing[SOLVED]  (Read 6536 times)

MP

• Playmaker Newbie
Animation Looping Option Missing[SOLVED]
« on: October 19, 2012, 02:33:08 PM »
Hi, I'm new to the board. I apologize if this question has already been answered somewhere. I have looked for several minutes now and have not found a solution.

Problem: I created an animation cycle in Blender and imported the object into Unity as an FBX import. The animation imported into Unity just fine. I imported the object into the scene, added an FSM to it, and selected "Play Animation" as its first action. I found the animation I created in the FSM drop down menu. When I clicked on "Loop Event" in order to set the animation to loop, the only option was "none". When I hit Play, the object completed only one cycle and stopped, failing to loop.

I don't understand why the Loop Event drop down menu will not allow me to set the animation to loop and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:40:32 AM by jeanfabre »

kiriri

Re: Animation Looping Option Missing
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 02:58:07 PM »
Hey, welcome to the boards!
The loop event is all about the FSM event sent when an animation would normally loop I think. So if there are no transitions to the current FSM state, you won't get anything in the drop down.
To make an animation loop by itself you can change the import settings. I don't know about FBX import, but the .blend importer offers to split the animation into smaller segments, which can then be defined as "default", "loop", "once" etc.
Best,
Sven

DARK_ETERNAL

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »
You can set the animation properties using 'Animation Settings' action in the 1st state of your FSM. Doing so, you can actually make your animation to loop (Import settings are not enough, it seems).
Check out our new game: Nitro Chimp. Now live in App Store!

Trailer:
Download: https://itunes.apple.com/app/nitro-chimp/id557150450?l=en&mt=8

MP

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 03:01:02 PM »
@ kiriri

Thanks for the reply.

@DARK_ETERNAL

That solved the problem. Thanks a million, man.