PlayMaker Feedback > Feature Requests

Lock states

<< < (2/2)

Alex Chouls:
I'm not sure I follow... Do you want to be able to select an FSM in the editor and say "Lock in current state", IOW, don't respond to any events...?

tbelgrave:
Hmm not exactly... I would like the events and such to continue to flow through it, just lock the specific state chosen. So it's easy to monitor the values from that specific state. Not sure if I'm explaining it right :)

~t

theBrandonWu:
This seems to be an old request so there might be an update on this already but I couldn't find it. Is there a way to stop the PlayMaker inspector from jumping to active state during play mode?

djaydino:
Hi.
if you want to see what happens to the variables you can show them in the inspector by going to the variable page, select a variable and 'check' Inspector.

On the fsm in the inspector you can see them in the Controls section.

if you wish to know which values it has in a certain state, place a breakpoint (Right click and set Toggle Breakpoint)
on the next state after the one that you wish to know the value from.

This will pause the game, unpause to continue the game

Alex Chouls:
To follow up on this old thread, there is a preference, Select State On Activated:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W644

By default, this is true and means the state selection switches to the activated state while running the game. You could uncheck this if you want to select different states at runtime.

I'll see if there's another place to expose this setting in the UI for quicker access. Maybe in the context menu for the minimap...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version