PlayMaker Feedback > Action Requests

Roar Engine specific actions

(1/2) > >>

SubZero:
As the title states I would appreciate some Roar Engine specific actions as it is one of the best social media driven backends an unity indie could ask for.

Check out their system here:roarengine.com!

I already managed to hook up the login, register & logout functions with my FSM via the get & set properties.
I would love to include these as Playmaker actions but I don't know how to built new actions around these functions.

I will continue to built my project via the Get & Set property features, just wanted to mention it would be cool to have specific Playmaker actions for Roar engines social and commerce gateways! 8)

Cheers!

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Indeed, Roar looks like a powerful system, I met with them at Unite and we talked about porting Roar to Unity, only I haven't had the time to properly start on this... The task is overwhelming indeed...

maybe you could give me directions as what you would like to see ported and accessible as a first digestable step?

bye,

Jean

SubZero:
By now they released an updated version of their SDK (V. 0.2) side by side with an early preview of their widgets which allow login & registration as well as stats display without the need to code a single line.

Thanks for offering your help! If I may make any suggestions then the direction I would give you would look like this:

1. An Event send by the login wigdet to an Playmaker FSM upon successful login. If possible there should be a way to store the given authentication token inside the FSM for further interaction with the roar engine.

2. Playmaker Actions for displaying & editing stats, resources etc.

3. Most Important: Actions to run/complete tasks (and receive the result)

I would love to work together with you on this. I already managed to hook up a website for online registration & login as well as a bridge to superrewards.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

ok, sound like a good start. Can you share already a working scene or some script samples?

bye,

Jean

SubZero:
I will have to do alot clean up before I can show you anything! :D

---------------------

Edit:  I don't see a way how I can export the scene without exporting all the unneeded assets too. I don't want to send you 300 Mbs of art files! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version